Diving Emergency Specialist
Continuing education is an important way for divers to continue to hone their diving skills and improve as divers. DAN understands the importance of being an active and involved diver who takes the time to learn about not just new dive techniques but also techniques to care for yourself and others injured in a dive accident.
To recognize this commitment to dive safety, DAN has created a recognition program called Diving Emergency Specialist. The DES designation is a way to commend divers who have sought the training they need to be prepared buddies and safer divers.
To earn this recognition, divers must hold current certifications in:
• Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries (or equivalent)
• Plus three of the following:
• Advanced Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries (or equivalent)
• First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries (or equivalent)
• AEDs for Scuba Diving (or equivalent)
• On-Site Neurological Assessment for Divers (or equivalent)
If you have taken the Diving Emergency Management Provider course, it must have included Advanced Oxygen, and that must be reflected on your certification card.
You must also hold:
This program is open to any diver.
To receive this recognition, submit your application directly to DAN Education with photocopies of all the required certifications and the $20 application fee.
DES recognition includes a:
• plastic Diving Emergency Specialist certification card
• DES certificate
• DES shoulder patch
As a DES recognized diver, you will also receive:
• invitations to preview future DAN online seminars before they are released to public at no charge
• a coupon good for 10 percent off oxygen units or accessories
Have you already achieved what it takes to be a DES diver? Submit your application today.
Download your DES application HERE (PDF File).